Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2019 22:51:27 +0100
From:      Gary Renes <gary.renes@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   MacPro 3,1 (2008) suspend hangs

Hi all,

This is my first post to this list, I=E2=80=99m pretty new to FreeBSD, =
but not computers / *ix OS=E2=80=99s in general. I=E2=80=99m hoping =
I=E2=80=99ll get more luck on this list than my forum post here:

=
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/suspend-resume-on-mac-pro-2008-3-1.7271=
8/ =
<https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/suspend-resume-on-mac-pro-2008-3-1.727=
18/>

Basically doing:

acpiconf -s 3

hangs the machine. I=E2=80=99ve recompiled the kernel with ACPI =
debugging enabled, and it looks like an error in the ASL is causing the =
issue. As I=E2=80=99m a noob to FreeBSD, I couldn=E2=80=99t figure out =
how to capture the debug output before the machine hung, but I did =
manage to snap some pics with my phone and upload them here:

https://imgur.com/a/igm1ulU <https://imgur.com/a/igm1ulU>;

The second image is the key one (I think) - it shows an error in the =
_PTS method.

I=E2=80=99ve dumped the ASL file using acpidump -td, which can be =
downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm8coszdw17bp89/my.asl?dl=3D0 =
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm8coszdw17bp89/my.asl?dl=3D0>;

Any help on this would be much appreciated - I know my machine is =
ancient, but it works fine and FreeBSD runs like a dream on it - other =
than the ACPI issues of course!

Hopefully the ASL can be fixed, but if not, I=E2=80=99d appreciate a way =
to just disable the machine automatically going to sleep (I can=E2=80=99t =
fully disable ACPI with a boot hint), as the machine won=E2=80=99t boot =
if I do).=20

If any more information is needed, please let me know and I=E2=80=99ll =
try to get it.

Best regards,
Gary.=