Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 01:34:54 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Julian Morgan" <jmorgan@mitchells.com.au>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache and minimum server requirements

Virtually any machine you care to set up would handle a load like that very
easily.  Even an old used PC would do just fine.  A Pentium 200 is more than
enough; I have my Web site running with a similar system, and it takes perhaps a
quarter million page hits a day, and it is shared with other sites, and yet it
keeps up with no problem at all.

In England you're more likely to go broke paying for the telecommunications
costs than for the system itself.  That's one reason why I still have my site
hosted by someone else: I could easily buy a machine adequate to the task, but I
could never afford to pay for the bandwidth that a large web-hosting company can
offer.