Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:06:13 +0200
From:      Thomas Uhrfelt <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
To:        "'net@freebsd.org'" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   steps in networking

Is there anyone out there that could write up a little "manual" of the
different steps on what to do/edit to accomplish the below description
using FreeBSD + ipfw + NAT or FreeBSD + IPF + IPNAT..

INTERNAL (192.168.1.xx) ------ (192.168.1.1)FreeBSD box(192.168.2.2)
-------- (192.168.2.1)Congo Router(Dynamic IP)-------Internet

The FreeBSD box have 2 networkinterfaces ep0 and ep1. And I need some sort
of firewall solution ( not superstrong ), but what I do need is for packets
to the outside world (internet) from the internal network to be able to get
through the solution. The network looks like this today:

INTERNAL (192.168.1.xx) ------ (192.168.1.1)Congo Router(Dynamic IP)
------- Internet

So is there anybody out there that wants to be kind enough to help me, you
would make my day. I don't want to put in yet another bulky Windows NT
Server box into the network, they already add too much to my workload as it
is, and you never know exactly what they are doing.

Mail me if you need additional information.

Thank ye in advance

/

Thomas Uhrfelt