Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:55:33 -0400
From:      satellites@inorbit.com
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS server: gateway_enable option in rc.conf?

=20

 Hello list,

I have a little confusion about a box I'm working on which will serve as=
 a gateway  and DNS server. =20

I am entering in the appropriate bind entries into the master files but my=
 question is:

should I omit the gateway_enable option in the /etc/rc.conf file if I am=
 already establishing those routes=20
via the zone files?

In other words, I have a two-interface FreeBSD box, with interfaces dc0 an=
d dc1.  Both of those interfaces have appropriate entries
establishing routes as 10.0.0.1 and 10.10.0.1 respectively. =20

Many thanks for the pointers. =20

Regards

=20