Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:43:08 -0500
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@FreeBSD.ORG>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   Re: Patch for critical_enter()/critical_exit() & interrupt assem

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 06:30:08PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <200203051715.g25HFsk60359@apollo.backplane.com>, Matthew Dillon wri
> tes:
>
> >    That's the crux of the situation, John.   I do not believe you have
> >    the right to hold this work off, at least not based on any of the
> >    explanations you have given so far.
>
> Why don't you for a change, just stop being so ego-centered and
> instead head to the page at http://www.freebsd.org/smp/ and find
> yourself a task which is free for grabs, rather than insist that
> you have a right to bully the only person who have consistently
> chugged away at the SMPng project when practically everybody else
> (you included) defected.
>
> One could point at such a gem as:  "add locking to NFS" which I am
> sure John and the rest of us would love to see you tackle...

  Hey, that's not fair. Instead of occasionally throwing in the "do what
John tells you" argument, why don't you either present a real technical
argument as to why Matt's stuff is bad (I'm not saying there isn't one)
or, for that matter, "add locking to NFS" yourself?

> Give us peace Matt...
>
> --

Bosko Milekic
bmilekic@unixdaemons.com