Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 14:12:09 -0600
From:      "Mike Oligny" <moligny@kanotech.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   duplex follow-up:  lack of perfection.

Now that I have set the card to half duplex (previous post), a single
FTP transfer at ~500k/sec seems to stop all other connections to/from
that machine for the entire duration of transfer.  With ssh, I couldn't
get a single character through. =20

It's like...  using a synchronous modem with a big send/receive button.
:)

(I don't like it like this, despite the nostalgia) =20

Also, the speed seems unstable - I was getting 100k/sec for one 20MB
transfer, and then almost 1MB/sec for another transfer only seconds
later.  Perhaps rtl cards at 10mbps ain't a good thing?  ..maybe if I
pour gasoline all over it, and...