Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:22:37 -0400
From:      "Glen Barber" <glen.j.barber@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifconfig, wpa_supplicant, and hidden SSIDs

Hi everyone.

I'm having an odd problem with wpa_supplicant and a hidden,
unauthenticated access point.

If I do 'ifconfig ndis0 scan', it brings up BSSIDs, but hidden names.
I have desktopbsd-tools installed, so I tried accessing the AP using
that, which I had to manually tell dbsd-nettray the SSID name for the
AP in question.  After doing so, I get 'Failed to connect', but
'/etc/rc.d/netif restart ndis0' brings the interface back up, and
reconnects.

Now, to my real question:
Where does SSID and AP MAC addresses get stored in the system?  If I
can manually (or script) the SSID name to the file, associated my MAC
address of the access point, I can set this up via rc.local, and not
need to load the dbsd-tools applet, which I cannot use anyway because
of WPA at home.

Thanks in advance.

--
Glen Barber