Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:58:34 +0100
From:      Mark Nowiasz <buckaroo@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting .gtkrc-2.0 crashes nearly everything

Hi all,

after the upgrade to 2.16 I've noticed that gswitchit had a tendency to
crash - and I finally found the problem:

Since some (non-gnome) application (like firefox-linux or java programs)
didn't use my theme I entered

        include "/usr/local/share/themes/Nuvola/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

into my .gtkrc-2.0. Everything worked fine, until the next time I logged
in: basically, hell broke lose, nearly every applet + the panel crashed,
lots of bugbuddy windows opened and gnome became unusable (without any
working panel).

After *removing* .gtkrc-2.0 everything worked just fine, gswitchit never
crashed again.

Oh, BTW - I'm encountering the same bug: after logging in, certain icons
are being display randomly (for example the computer icon).

I'm using 6.2-STABLE on amd64.

Regards,
Mark
--
Why can't you be a non-conformist like everyone else?