Date:      11 Jan 2003 18:12:31 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netatalk - Mac OS X connection problem

--=-JF+PFoqo0O2nG/V6Bt0S

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 18:00, Jim Arnold wrote:
> I am running netatalk-1.6.0_1,1 from the FreeBSD ports systems on two=20
> boxes and connecting from Mac OS X 10.2.3.
>=20
> Now when I connect from one box I get the following error on the mac:
>=20
> Connection failed
>=20
> An AppleShare system error occurred.
>=20
> I can connect to the other box without any problems. Netatalk is=20
> configured the same on both boxes. This problem came on suddenly.
>=20
> Below is the log file showing netatalk starting up.
>=20
> This is a stumper.
>=20
> Please also cc me on any email as I can no longer subscribe to the list.

The log isn't too helpful, but a sniffer trace might be.  Can you
capture the client connection to the "bad" server with tcpdump, and send
me the raw capture file.  I recommend the following command line:

tcpdump -s 1518 -w /tmp/outfile host <IP address of client>

Note, this assumes you're connecting over TCP (which you really should
be with OS X).

Joe

--=20

--=-JF+PFoqo0O2nG/V6Bt0S