Date:      Sat, 4 May 2002 09:14:34 -0700
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Java Install

Can someone give me some pointers on how to get a working build of java?
I went to the port /usr/ports/java/jdk12-beta ran [make install && make
clean] nothing happened. Ran make and I got the message to download
tar.gz files from Sun and the patches, then move the files to the
/ports/distfiles directory, then run [make] which I did. All went well,
no errors.

Now I seem to have Java installed in the port. Won't that be overwritten
next time the ports collection is upgraded?

Also I don't seem to have java working, when I go to the website
http://www.bushwatch.org/, mozilla stills trys to install the java
plugin. Same with the BBC news website.

What am I doing wrong here?

thanks