Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:29:50 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>, Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: empty index.html in /usr/www?

To get back to the original problem, the website seems to build fine with
version 1.0.3 of libxslt but not with 1.0.7 which is current in ports.  I
didn't see any symptoms other than a null index.html (after a clean build
from source) but switching back and forth between the two versions of
libxslt gives the error reproducibly on my (4-4-STABLE) system.
Rebuilding 1.0.7 and re-checking out the source did not fix the problem.

Not really sure why this should be but it seems that it is.  Not sure
what, if anything, can be done about this but it seems logical to inform
the doc list of my findings.  It would be good if this behaviour could be
tested by a few more people to establish that it is definitely due to the
libxslt version.  A package of version 1.0.3 of libxslt can be found on
the 4.4-RELEASE CD set.

I noticed, incidentally, that there's no mention of needing libxslt in
Chapter 8 (The Website) or Chapter 2 (Tools) of the FDP primer.  Perhaps
adding this (I can do this and send patches if you like) and adding the
need for a particular version of libxslt would be a good idea.

Andy

--
Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>