Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 1999 16:41:51 +0200
From:      John Savitsky <john@kspu.kr.ua>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCB 0x34 timed out in dataout phase, Again (sorry)

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 03:10:10PM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:

> asus p2bds
> 3.4-stable
> quantum dlt-2000
>
> similar problem
>   o replaced scsi cable with fancy terminated one
>   o upgraded motherboard firmware
>   o upgraded drive firmware
>   o sent drive in for rma
>   o problem persists
>
> this worked with -current, but stopped working when i reverted to 3.x
>
> i now start to suspect the driver.
>
> randy

   Sorry for delayed answer. I make some experiments to moving my
backups to different time, but with no success. I thought that
problems might be of intensive HDD operations caused by `periodic
daily'.

  As you see in my previous posting, our hardware suppliers
connected IBM DDRS-34560 detected by Adaptec controller as -SE
devices to the Ultra 2 socket. I suppose that this socket has LVD
electric signals in difference to the Wide SCSI connector? Is this
correct? Might it be the problem? May be I have to connect my HDDs to
the Wide SCSI connector using SE cable?

--
   Sincerely yours, John Savitsky