Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:11:30 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        "Jeremy T. Parker" <kparker4@tampabay.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows NT 4.0 Server

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Jeremy T. Parker wrote:

> Hey. I am running Windows NT 4.0 Server, and when I installed it, it
> installed a boot menu and stuff, and the last time I installed Slakware, it
> messed up this boot menu and so I want to know if when I install FreeBSD if
> it will mess up this and make it unable to boot into Windows NT 4.0?

Only if you tell it to replace the boot manager (you do get the option...)

There are some bits in the documentation about how to add FreeBSD to the
NT loader menu.  It wasn't hard as I recall (I installed 3.2R after I'd
installed NT 4).  Until you do this, you'll need to use fdisk to set the
bootable flag every time you want to change OS.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia