Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2017 15:18:21 +0300
From:      Alexandru Elisei <alexandru.elisei@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   bhyve on ARMv8 - initarm() and struct arm64_bootparams

Hello,

I am currently working on porting bhyve to ARMv8 and I've managed to
start a guest kernel inside bhyve.

I am having trouble getting past the initarm() function in the guest
and I think the problem is the fact that I am not sending the correct
boot parameter arm64_bootparams->modulep to the guest (the other
struct variables are computed in locore.S before calling initarm()).

As far as I can I can tell modulep is a pointer to the mapped kernel
image virtual address where module information is stored, but I don't
know how to get that information from the guest kernel when creating
the virtual machine.

Can anyone provide some help with this issue?

Thank you,
Alex