Date:      31 Aug 1998 09:21:28 -0400
From:      Allan Strand <stranda@cofc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rsync problem

Hi,

I'm having troubles with rsync (every version I've tried).  I can use
it to copy between machines at different local networks, but I cannot
seem to get it to work with two machines on my university's local
network.  Both machines are pentiums running 2.2.7R.  I think that the
.rhosts files are correct because I can rsh, rlogin and rcp to my
heart's content.  When I try to rsync using the latest version of
rsync (2.1.0) from the ports collection, I get the following error:

unexpected EOF in read_timeout

rsync works as expected for transfers on the same machine.  Anyone
have any ideas?

Cheers,
A.
--
Allan E. Strand          stranda@cofc.edu,  http://linum.cofc.edu
Department of Biology    Phone:      (843) 953-8085