Date:      Sat, 09 Apr 2016 14:15:15 +0000
From:      Judith Munoz <cmjw97@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question on missing driver for Radeon HD 7800 Pitcairn / multiple sound cards

Dear all,

I have come to your website after A LOT of googling and searching in
forums. I have just started using Linux (literally, a week ago) and
understand VERY little about computers...

Long story short, I cant find the soundcards on my Linux Mint 17.3 (despite
them being installed). So I get no sound. After much digging it looks like
the drivers for the two cards are not installed: (inxi output)

Audio:     Card-1 Intel Device a170 bus-ID: 00:1f.3
           Card-2 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI
Audio [Radeon HD 7700/7800 Series]
           bus-ID: 01:00.1

The driver manager shows that I have the below installed, in terms of
drivers

xserver-xorg-video-ati version 1:7.3.0

It seems (as per your website) that there are some issues with Radeon 7800
in terms of (I quote):

   -

   Audio over HDMI or DisplayPort
   - Multiple cards sharing output connectors

Is there something I need to do / I can do to get sound? Can I get
something from your website or do I need to wait?

Could you please help me? I am really really lost and about to throw in the
towel. If it is a matter of time, I can wait (ie for drivers to be there)
but I really dont know what to do. My kernel version is, btw, 3.19.0-32

Many thanks in advance for ANY guidance!

Judith