Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:52:26 +0100
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Eugene Pimenov <libc.mail@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Pasting via ssh causes data loss

On Monday 01 December 2008 10:33:17 Eugene Pimenov wrote:
> On 1 =C4=C5=CB, 08:31, Mel <fbsd.questi...@rachie.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 November 2008 17:53:21 Eugene Pimenov wrote:
> > > 30.11.2008, =D7 19:36, Mel =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC(=C1):

> > > No, it's not truncated. All of 6060 bytes are copied.
> > >
> > > What kind of tty issues/clipboard limitations might it be?
> >
> > *If* it's a tty issue, should be reproducable with telnet. If it's not,
> > then I suggest logging in with ssh -v and see if anything weird comes u=
p.
> > The oddball out of the box answer would be that some character gets
> > translated as EOF from linux to bsd by the term settings, but it's a
> > stretch.
>
> Can't check telnet... there's no telnet demon around.

inetd:
$ grep telnet /etc/inetd.conf
#telnet stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd
#telnet stream  tcp6    nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd

Quick setup:
remove appropreate hashmark above
/etc/rc.d/inetd onestart

> I tried ssh -vvv, nothing between connect and disconnect.
>
> It's definitely not an EOF. It just loses some part of data, doesn't
> stop receiving after some point.

Where does it get lost? Meaning, does it get over the wire? Hard to check=20
encrypted, but a 3k diff should show up in number of the IP packets sent. I=
s=20
it possible to compare tcpdump linux <-> linux vs linux <-> freebsd on the=
=20
receiving end?

=2D-=20
Mel