Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:55:32 +0300
From:      Andrew Novikov <mymuss@gmail.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: learning c++

 Hello Vulpes,

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:40:16 -0500, Vulpes Velox <v.velox@vvelox.net> wrote:
> Any one know of any good guides to learning C++, specifically in
> regards to the newer gcc?

1) Kernigan, Ritchie "C Programming Language" (Yes, I know it's quite
old. Yes, I know C != C++ but this is a must-read-book)
2) Brian Stroustrup "The C++ Programming Language" (however I wouldn't
recommned this book as an intro to C++)
3) Stan Lippman, Josie Lajoie "C++ Primer"
4) Bruce Eckel "Thinking in C++" (this one available online for free,
search in google)

> Currently been messing with it a bit, but I am figuring that I am
> doing something wrong... been messing with learning strings and the
> like and I am getting a a.out that has a obscene size... 142kB in
> size...

 It's normal for g++ :)

--
Sincerely,