Date:      Wed, 01 Aug 2007 00:59:46 +0300
From:      Mihai Tanasescu <mihai@duras.ro>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluesoleil dongle problems

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> On 7/30/07, Mihai Tanasescu <mihai@duras.ro> wrote:
>
>> Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,

>>> well, this points to usb and/or device itself, not bluetooth.
>>> basically the driver is trying to send control request to the device
>>> and it stalled. try different usb port and/or try to disable ehci usb
>>> and revert back to uhci (or ohci).

>>> there won't be any entires in /dev for bluetooth devices. only netgraph nodes.
>>>
>> I was using UHCI already.
>> The error still appears...but I don't quite get it...if I issue:
>>

> i see
>

>> hccontrol -n ubt0hci inquiry
>>
>> (like the handbook says)
>>
>> I can very easily see my mobile phone and my keyboards' bluetooth hub.
>>
>> I can also use:
>> hccontrol -n ubt0hci remote_name_request
>>
>> and it works..but the error appears 1 or 2 times for each command I issue.
>>

> that tells me that bluetooth part works fine, *when* communication
> between host (pc) and bluetooth dongle works
>

>> What could be causing this ?
>> Do I need to set(increase) some sort of a timeout ?
>>

> all i can say at this point is that there is seems to be something
> wrong with usb part. for whatever reason communication (via usb bus)
> between host (pc) and bluetooth dongle is flaky.  it is clearly not a
> timeout issue, so you can not fix it by changing timeout.
>
> can you please send
>
> 1) uname -a
>
> 2) dmesg output
>
> 3) usbdevs -dv output with bluetooth dongle attached
>
> you can also try to use different usb port (if available). if you use
> usb hub, try without it. if your dongle has extension usb cable, try
> shorter (or no) extension cable. finally, if possible try another
> dongle (preferably different brand).
>
> thanks,
> max

Don't shoot but I had some errors in hcsecd.conf and that's why I was
getting those control request failures.

Now everything works fine and it connects with my phone.

I've just spent a couple of hours getting gnokii to work with it, but
after disabling the rfcomm option and specifying AT mode everything went
on smoothly.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help.