Date:      Tue, 27 May 2003 02:25:05 +0930
From:      Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>
To:        "Katinka Mills" <katinka@kaqelectronics.dyndns.org>, "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ncurses

On Tue, 27 May 2003 00:04, Katinka Mills wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have googled and I have RTFM'd but I am missing something :o(
>
> How do I set the background colour of the ENTIRE window and screen ?
>
> I just hate black lol and would like blue :o)
>
> I can make the text a colour and the background around the text a colou=
r.

It is a while since I worked with ncurses;
but here is a small extract of code I have used
following window creation which sets the attributes
and the overall background:

    wattrset(curwin,CYAN_ON_BLACK);
    wbkgd(curwin,(CYAN_ON_BLACK)|0x20);
    clearok(curwin,1);
    wclear(curwin);  =20

CYAN_ON_BLACK is defined somewhere as a color pair plus attribute

Hope this helps

Malcolm