Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 1997 09:24:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
Cc:        chat
Subject:   Re: FW: Unix Gurus shift to Microsoft (fwd)

moved to chat

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 09:39 AM 4/08/97 -0500, Kenneth P. Stox wrote:
> >
> >This was an April Fools Joke!!
> >
> >I guess someone fell for it. :-)
>
> Remember, a lot of people fell for the "Microsoft to buy Catholic church"
> joke that went around a while back, and that was even more outrageous.  I
> must say however that when I first read it I thougt it could be
> serious....It is the Microsoft way afer all... "Cant beat it, buy it"  :-)

	they didn't buy the church itself, but rather the vatican
	library books, manuscripts, etc.   and the reproductions
	rights for all art works in churches throuh the world.  if
	you all ready have a copy of an art book about the sistine
	chapel thats fine, all new book will ahave to pay rolaylites
	to miscrosoft

	i  understand hte reason was to beef up the encarta  cd

jmb