Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:47:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>, Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vx driver patch

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Maybe it would be possible to have a separate "VLBus" bus that
> went in before the EISA bus?

I'm still not clear as to why we need to differentiate them.  There really
is no requirement that slot 0 be present (other than it being standard and
all.)

Can we even tell if which EISA devices are really VL devices in disguise?

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |