Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2003 02:10:17 +0200
From:      Andreas Wideroe Andersen <awa@pragma.no>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNSBL settings problems in Sendmail ?

----- Original Message -----
From: Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Date: Friday, April 11, 2003 4:13 pm

> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, rob.c wrote:
>
> > DNSBL settings problems in Sendmail ?

According to my experiences, yes there are problems. I had this problem
for one day on both of my servers running FreeBSD 4.7 STABLE and 4.8
RC. One day both stopped. I didn't know why and I get lots of did not
issue errors in my /var/log/maillog. I removed all dnsbl's from the mc
file, recompiled and installed the file into a cf file and the problems
were gone, but the spam was soon filling up my mailboxes. This actually
led me to install and configure spamassassin which works very well
indeed.

Andreas