Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:05:11 +0200
From:      "Mike Greathead" <mike@ceit.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Email gateway/network?

We are planning to create a dialup network for a low cost email service.
Our main server has a fulltime Internet connection. We plan to set up
several dial in satellite servers that will provide dialup email only
services.

Essentially our dial-in satellite hosts will have scheduled dial in to
the main connected server, once or twice each day. Their clients will
access their servers via two or three lines served by modems. We expect
that each satellite host will serve 150 to 220 casual email clients and
that there will be up to 20 of these satellites using our main server.

We plan to use FreeBSD for the main and satellite servers. I believe
that this project is not that unique. Someone out there has done this or
something similar. Can you recommend any HOWTOs, Tutorials or TODO-lists
that would be helpful?

Regards

Mike Greathead