Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:23:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sh and ~ expansion

I've specified multiple times, pdksh is SMALLER then our current
FreeBSD-as. (Not meaning to be rude tho)
{"/home/green"}$ ls -l /bin/{,k}sh
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  297488 Oct 18 21:32 /bin/ksh
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  321120 Oct 19 01:37 /bin/sh
{"/home/green"}$ file /bin/{,k}sh
/bin/sh:  ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD),
statically linked, stripped
/bin/ksh: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD),
statically linked, stripped
BTW, as per the floppy, it seems the newest floppies have minigzip AND
gzip? If I'm wrong, correct me, but that would be a waste of space.
Besides, if you really want to take more out, take compression out of gzip
since all we need is the uncompression.

Cheers,
Brian Feldman