Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:35:02 -0700
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   supported USB-compact flash readers ?

Maybe this should go to -usb, but we don't have such a mailing list,
so i am asking here.

What are the options for USB compact flash card readers under FreeBSD ?
I know that the Sandisk SDDR-31 works (just tried one), unfortunately
it has been discontinued and several online stores list it as out
of stock, so it is not a viable alternative, and i would really like
to see if we can expand the list of supported devices so one does
not have to shop blindly.

I have a Sandisk SDDR-75 which is listed as 'working with linux'
if you do a google search. Unfer FreeBSD 4.6.2, it is recognised
by umass, but when you try to do anything on it you get BBB timeouts
and all sorts of misbehaviours.

Any better experience ?

	cheers
	luigi