Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2014 20:04:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Gigabyte BIOS/UEFI and WOL

So far I've tried and failed to get a Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 to wake
from the network.  It had the most recent BIOS (F13), which did not have
a WOL option.

A UEFI BIOS is available, so I've installed that, and still failed to
get it to wake up.  There are a bewildering number of undocumented
options, none of which mentions WOL.

Adding an Intel PCI card made no difference.  The card LEDs are on when
the system is off, but it still doesn't wake up.

Once manually started, the system works fine, and ifconfig shows
WOL_MAGIC.

Any suggestions on things to try?  I'm open to going back to a normal
BIOS... if it will let me.  It runs fine either way.