Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:44:21 +0000
From:      Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apachectl oddness

I'm running standard freeBSD 4.9 and am port upgrading apache2. I think the old
version was 2.50_3 and the new is 2.52_4. In the latest build I have added
WITH_THREADS=1 as I need this for mod_python.

I notice now that apachectl startssl has problems reading the pass phrase. I
normally do this through the web using ssh/su and find that my putty terminal
gets locked up when I enter the phrase at the prompt.

The apachectl startssl fails for the first pass phrase entry at the console, but
the second seems to work. I had to kill the previously hung httpd process.

Experimenting shows that

echo "pass phrase" | apachectl startssl

works fine even through ssh. Am I stupid or doing something wrong?
--
Robin Becker