Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:28:40 +0800
From:      Rong-En Fan <rafan@freebsd.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update on X11BASE status

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 09:29:26PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Thanks to the hard work of a number of maintainers and committers
> we're making good progress on bringing the ports tree into complete
> X11BASE compliance.

You are welcome. Most ports listed are easy to fix

1) properly define USE_XLIB with GNU_CONFIGURE
2) put --x-includes and --x-libraries (see bsd.port.mk) in
   CONFIGURE_ARGS when necessary
3) define proper CONFIGURE_ENV/CONFIGURE_ARGS/MAKE_ARGS/MAKE_ENV if
   the port's configure/Makefile support them
4) s,/usr/X11R6,${X11BASE},g as the last resort

>=20
>   http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-exp-latest/index-maintain=
er.html
>=20
> We're now down to fewer than 110 ports that need to be corrected to
> deal with a non-standard X11BASE location (the rest are more general
> port problems).  By now only 17 of those broken ports are
> unmaintained, so the majority of them are waiting on individual
> maintainers to step up and/or approve fixes already submitted by other
> users.

One major problem I encountered so far is math/vtk* and
science/paraview. They all uses CMake system (devel/cmake).

I'm not quite sure what's the best way to make its makefile accepts
correct X11BASE. One possibility is to patch its FindX11 module, but
it seems to me that these ports contain their CMake/ in their
distribution, i.e., we need to patch each ports.

Any cmake experts?

Thanks,
Rong-En Fan

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z