Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:49:17 -0500
From:      andy@lewman.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 and portupgrade

You can use a ~/php4_options file in theory.  I've never been able to
get it to work reliably no matter which $HOME I put the file in (root or
my user).

-Andrew

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 12:16:05PM -0800, kyle@xraided.net wrote 1.3K bytes in 29 lines about:
: I've been doing research on how exactly to pass arguments to
: portupgrade/portinstall for mod_php4 and I still seem to be somewhat
: stumped.
:
: By putting this line in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf (MAKEARGS section),
: I'm able to pass all but one argument to portinstall/portupgrade:
: 'www/mod_php4' => 'BATCH=YES CTYPE=yes CURL=yes EXIF=yes FTP=yes GD=yes
: MYSQL=yes OPENSSL=yes OVERLOAD=yes PCRE=yes POSIX=ye
: s POSTGRESQL=yes SESSION=yes TOKENIZER=yes XML=yes ZLIB=yes',
:
: The one that doesn't seem to be working is the POSTGRESQL=yes line
: (Please see: http://www1.klmhosting.net/phppgsqladmin/). Unfortunately,
: I need this argument because I run several servers that need
: phppgsqladmin access. Is there something that I'm doing wrong, or
: something I've over looked? Is this the "best/easiest" way to do this?
:
: Also, I noticed these arguments do not get passed when I just do a "make
: install" or "make reinstall" of the port.. Is there another place (I
: assume /etc/make.conf, but what's the syntax? The same as
: pkgtools.conf?) I can specify MAKEARGS for "make install/reinstall"? Or
: should I just be using portinstall? Thanks all for your time.
:
:
:
: -Kyle Mott