Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2003 22:04:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dan Delaney <dionysos@Dionysia.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem: Constant USB messages: "1 scheduling overruns"

I recently installed FreeBSD 5 on a server for one of my clients.
For some reason, the following messages CONSTANTLY appear in the
"messages" log file (and on the console)

   kernel: usb0: 1 scheduling overruns
   kernel: usb1: 1 scheduling overruns

These appear at random intervals between 20 seconds to a few minutes
apart. I've even turned off the usbd in rc.conf and I'm still
getting these messages. My last resort will be to recompile the
kernel with no usb support. But I'd rather not have to do that--I'd
rather USB work.

Anyone have any ideas about what the problem is?

Here's what I get at startup about the USB on this motherboard:

   ohci0: <SiS 5571 USB controller> mem 0xcbfee000-0xcbfeefff irq 11
      at device 2.2 on pci0
   usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
   usb0: <SiS 5571 USB controller> on ohci0
   usb0: USB revision 1.0
   uhub0: SiS OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
   ohci1: <SiS 5571 USB controller> mem 0xcbfef000-0xcbfeffff irq 12
      at device 2.3 on pci0
   usb1: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
   usb1: <SiS 5571 USB controller> on ohci1
   usb1: USB revision 1.0
   uhub1: SiS OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

Thanks.
-- Dan