Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:07:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        Chris Stenton <jacs@gnome.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: old version of PAM in 3.0-stable  stopping Samba working?

It looks to me that PAM isn't quite "Linux-compatible", and Samba
was definitely written for Linux PAM.

I got around it by manually editing the Makefile and include/config.h
after configure, commenting or removing anything that mentioned
PAM.  Unfortunately, the configure script doesn't seem to have a
handy --disable-pam option. :)