Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:31:27 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: msdos fs user mountable?

> Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:53:52 +0100 (CET)
> From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
> To: questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: msdos fs user mountable?
>

> Is it possible to mount floppies,cdroms etc as normal user?
>
> a la fstab entry:
>
> /dev/fd0a    /mnt/floppy    msdos    rw,user,noauto   0   0

    Check out the FAQ, it's in the system administration section:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/admin.html#USER-FLOPPYMOUNT

    What I myself would like to know is whether it is possible
    to have the behavior of linux, ie. let non-root users mount
    filesystems (user among options in fstab) into directories
    owned by root.
    The FAQ would seem to imply that this is not possible (it
    doesn't mention otherwise), but who knows? :)

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
5:23PM up 17 days, 4:06, 21 users, load averages: 0.23, 0.09, 0.05