Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:30:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Diekhans <markd@Grizzly.COM>
To:        kent@tfd.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XF86 for TI-5020 laptop (help please...)

>Hardware: TI-5020SE laptop, Cirrus 7543 graphics chip, TFT screen
>Software: FreeBSD 2.2-GAMMA with PAO patches (what a surprise)
>
>I've got the lastest XFree beta. Tried the suggestions in the FAQ
>for 7543 chips.
>
>No matter what I try, no joy. Screen slowly fades to black...and
>no X appears.

You might want to buy the Xinside server (AcceleratedX).  It supports
the 7543.  Its $99, you can easly waste a lot more than $99 of your
time trying to get XFree86 working (I have).  I am just a customer,
not connection to the company,  although I do think its important to
support companies that support FreeBSD.

                www.xinside.com

Mark