Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:16:28 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        audit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rarpd(8) cleanup patch

Hi,

I've had to deal with non-BOOTP-or-DHCP-compliant devices lately
(may eternal woe befall the manufacturers of faulty memory chips for
Livingston PortMaster 2...), so rarpd(8) was my only option.
In the process of changing it, I decided to clean it up a little.

At http://people.FreeBSD.org/~roam/bsd/rarpd/usr.sbin-rarpd.patch
there is a patch that does the following:
- remove 'register' keywords;
- add 'const' to a couple of strings;
- add prototypes for several missed functions;
- several int/u_int/unsigned/long/format cleanups for WARNS=2;
- mdoc(7) cleanup for the rarpd.8 manpage.

Functions and prototypes were left in K&R style, although an ANSIfication
would make the next change a lot easier.  Should I ansify the lot?

In addition, http://people.FreeBSD.org/~roam/bsd/rarpd/usr.sbin-rarpd-d.patch
adds a command-line flag, -d, that makes rarpd(8) send diagnostic messages
to stdout, error messages to stderr.  This is quite useful when running
rarpd(8) under some kind of service monitoring script, e.g. supervise/svscan
from DJB's daemontools package.

Any comments, flames, and references to the hole that I crawled out of
are gladly welcome :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
When you are not looking at it, this sentence is in Spanish.