Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 1998 20:59:18 +0600
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <joy@urc.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xnest is not running

Hi.

I cannot run Xnest on my workstation.

It says...

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
        and start again.

... and exits. Setting "-display :N" option does not help for any "N".

I run XFree86-3.3.2 on the 3.0-CURRENT. SVGA server on Matrox Millenium card.

I tried it both inside an xdm session and with startx.

I cannot understand the error: if xdm is an X Window client, then why it deals
with/as the server on display 0?

By the way, I remember that I ran Xnest a year ago without problems...

Anybody help please.

Best regards,
--
	Konstantin V. Chuguev.		System administrator of Southern
	http://www.urc.ac.ru/~joy/	Ural Regional Center of FREEnet,