Date:      Sun, 07 Apr 2002 15:06:11 +0100
From:      Marc Ségura-Devillechaise <Marc.Segura-Devillechaise@emn.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, brooks@one-eyed-alien.net
Cc:        yvan.salue@eleve.emn.fr, msegura@eleve.emn.fr
Subject:   USB problem

--=====================_3417884==_.ALT

Hi,

I am using a Toshiba Stallite 1730  and I am encountering some problems to
get USB support with Freebsd 4.5.
Dmesg reports:
uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> irq 10 at device 7.2 on pci0
uhci0: Could not map ports
device_probe_and_attach: uhci0 attach returned 6 uhci0
I had a look in the mailing lists.
It is said that this problem comes from a wrongly configured BIOS, that
Freebsd does not support the 'PnP os' options in the BIOS. However, my
machine has a Phoenix bios (version 4) and there is no such options.
Brook Davis once mentioned adding the flag to the kernel configuration files :
makeoptions CONF_CFLAGS=3D-DPCI_ENABLE_IO_MODES
but that does not seem to work either.
Some posts refers to a C patch but  (the url posted was:
http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb/usb.pl, the two HP Ommibook patches) which
is marked as obsolete.
The LINT mentions the options PNPBIOS but the problem remains (I get only
some additional errors message... like could not assign irq, after the USB
error messages).
Any ideas ? can someone help ?
Do I have to PR this ?
Thanks in advance,

Marc

PS cc me because I am not in the list.

--=====================_3417884==_.ALT

Hi,<br><br>
I am using a Toshiba Stallite 1730&nbsp; and I am encountering some
problems to get USB support with Freebsd 4.5.<br>
Dmesg reports:<br>
uhci0: &lt;Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller&gt; irq 10 at device
7.2 on pci0 <br>
uhci0: Could not map ports <br>
device_probe_and_attach: uhci0 attach returned 6 uhci0<br>
I had a look in the mailing lists.<br>
It is said that this problem comes from a wrongly configured BIOS, that
Freebsd does not support the 'PnP os' options in the BIOS. However, my
machine has a Phoenix bios (version 4) and there is no such
options.<br>
Brook Davis once mentioned adding the flag to the kernel configuration
files :<br>
makeoptions CONF_CFLAGS=3D-DPCI_ENABLE_IO_MODES <br>
but that does not seem to work either.<br>
Some posts refers to a C patch but&nbsp; (the url posted was:
the two HP Ommibook patches) which is marked as obsolete.<br>
The LINT mentions the options PNPBIOS but the problem remains (I get only
some additional errors message... like could not assign irq, after the
USB error messages).<br>
Any ideas ? can someone help ? <br>
Do I have to PR this ?<br>
Thanks in advance,<br><br>
Marc<br><br>
PS cc me because I am not in the list.<br><br>