Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:54:27 -0500
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@telenix.org>
To:        frank.wissmann41@web.de
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using gnash

Frank Wißmann wrote:
> Chuck Robey schrieb:
>> Henry Hu wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Do you see the plugin in the about:plugins page?
>>
>> No, never heard of it and can't find that page.  Would be thrilled to
>> get a URL.
>
> Type in the field where you normally enter your URL:
>
> about:plugins
>
> or
>
> about:config
>
> to get some results.

Fantastic.  I was getting to a rather high level of frustration on this, but
with the info available via the about:plugins, I finally figured out that I'd
had both the gnash plugin misinstalled AND an old Linux flash plugin still
hanging around and not working.  Fixed both, and when I gave it about 10 to 30
seconds to load, animations now work.  I haven't got the audio to work, but
(unless I hear from hint here) I'll continue to work on it.

Thanks for the response.