Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:49:16 +0200
From:      Pierre-Gilles Mialon <pierre-gilles@netaktiv.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for a bgp stressing tool

Hi,

We are currently trying to migrate our AS from Linux/quagga to
NanoBSD/openbgpd.

We want to validate our model. Please find below the test platform we use:

 __________      __________     __________
|          |    |          |   |          |
| router A |    | router B |   | router C |
|__________|    |__________|   |__________|
      \             |           /
       \            |          /
     ___\___________|_________/__
    |                            |
    |    router Nanobsd Test     |
    |____________________________|

=2D routers A, B and C got one third of the internet routes each (82Kroutes=
).
=2D routers A, B and C announce those routes to the nanobsd running an
openbgpd

We want to stress the nanobsd router to see how many packets/s it could=20
treat, in a quite true real situation.

So we are looking for a tool that inject and verify packet with faked
IPs. We want to generate fake traffic between A-B A-C B-C in both direction=
s.
The aim is to evaluate the routing capacity of openbgpd/freebsd.

We currently didn't find any tool that fit our needs. Do you have any
suggestion ?

Thanks,

=2D-=20
Pierre-Gilles Mialon
Responsable d'exploitation syst=E8me et r=E9seau
pierre-gilles@netaktiv.com
+33.1 58 18 37 66