Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 95 23:30:03 EST
From:      vandj@securenet.interax.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0

To Whom It May Concern;

I was advised to write to this address for information on FreeBSD 2.0 by
the Tech Support people at Walnut Creek CD Rom.

I have so many different questions, I guess that I don't know where to
start...

I guess the best place is to explain what I want to do and perhaps one of
your Tech Guru's can advise me.

At present, I run a BBS by Galacticomm one of the add-on's is the Internet
Connectivity option (ICO) which allows Telenet, FTP, Finger, DNS, and soon
will include SMTP, NNTP and rlogin.  My problem is that all of my users
want WWW and with this ICO only this is not possible.  Some of the other
Sysop's in my position have found a solution by allowing the customer to
Telnet to a second box running unix and a program called TIA which will
allow customers to then use NetScape etc.  What I want to know is if

  A) Will TIA run on FreeBSD 2.0 (I know that it runs on BSDI 1.1).

  B) To do this do I even need TIA can I assign each user an
     address for there winsocket stack and have them up and going?

  C) Will Lynx (from Ukansas) run on FreeBSD 2.0 (This is for users of
     older PC's 286 or older).

  D) Is there any documentation that is printed on FreeBSD 2.0 that I
     can buy?

  E) If all this is possible, can it be made possible that the user
     will not require a login ie the unix box detects that the user is
     from the BBS and just puts up either a menu or TIA etc.

Any help will be greatly accepted when it comes to Unix, I don't have
very much experience to fall back on.  If what I am tring to explain
is unclear and you wish to phone to clairfy the questions I can be
reached at 1-800-469-7774.

I thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me.

Sincerely

John M. Vandette
sysop@securenet.interax.net