Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:12:35 +0200
From:      Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@caraldi.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q) eclipse 3.2 (Callisto)

* David Sledge:

> I feel the port itself is solid and ready for the PR to be sent.

+1

> If there  are I can submit  it as eclipse-devel so  that maybe a
> larger  user base  will start  working  with it.  [...] my  only
> question is  to ask  if it is  ok to submit  the PR  without any
> other ports  that depend on  the 3.1.2 version of  eclipse being
> updated first. Or  do I need to  submit the port of  eclipse 3.2
> first so that the other ports can then be updated to use it?

I suggest to  request a repocopy of the  current "java/eclipse" to
"java/eclipse32",  and  submit  your  new port  as  an  update  of
"java/eclipse32".  Then if there  is interest, the ports depending
on "java/eclipse" can be progressively updated to "java/eclipse32"
if relevant.

Avoid  the name  "eclipse-devel" as  it implies  that the  port is
regularly updated for the latest Eclipse milestone.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty