Date:      Tue, 06 Aug 2013 11:25:03 -0500
From:      dweimer <dweimer@dweimer.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to Fix Port Audit showing ports not installed on a system

I have a system that I just recently setup port audit, after realizing I
forgot to install it on the machine.  The problem is that it is finding
vulnerabilities in several ports that are not installed on the  system.
These may have been installed at   one  point and removed.  Firefox is
one of the ones listed, I know that it was on the system previously, but
was removed a few months back.  portmaster -l and pkg info don't list it
as installed,  but port audit shows: firefox-20.0,1.  Where would
portaudit be picking up these ports from?  Is there anyway to reset its
database?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer