Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:05:25 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Natalie Sugako <NataliSu@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: build audit kernel

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Natalie Sugako wrote:

> I want to use audit events on FreeBSD6.1-BETA4. I read that I must build
> kernel with option: options AUDIT (FreeBSD handbook). But config
> (/usr/sbin/config) find next error: unknown option "AUDIT" Maybe, option was
> renamed? Help me, PLS! Thanks

FYI: Support for audit has now been merged to the 6-STABLE branch for
inclusion in FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE in the next month.  The 6.1-BETA1 image
includes basic audit support; it will be significantly refined and updated in
6.1-BETA2 next week.  The handbook chapter has else been extended to cover
audit in more detail.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory