Date:      06 Jun 1999 20:14:11 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@home.com>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem for the VM gurus

Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org> writes:

>   In the long-standing tradition of deadlocks, I present to you all
>   a new one. This one locks in getblk, and causes other processes to
>   lock in inode. It's easy to induce, but I have no idea how I'd go
>   about fixing it myself (being very new to that part of the
>   kernel.)  Here's the program which induces the deadlock:

I could reproduce it with 4.0-current. The stack trace was:

tsleep
getblk
bread
ffs_read
ffs_getpages
vnode_pager_getpages
vm_fault
---
slow_copyin
ffs_write
vn_write
dofilewrite
write
syscall

getblk finds that the buffer is marked B_BUSY and sleeps on it. But I
can't figure out who marked it busy.

	-Arun

PS: Does anyone know how to get the stack trace by pid in ddb ? I can
manually type trace <p->p_addr>. But is there an easier way ?