Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 1995 20:34:43 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        picard@silcom.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 2.0beta1 (fwd)

Donald Burr wrote:
> I'm always getting a "uname() failed, can't determine the host that
> we're running on" message -- is there any way to fix this, or is it not a
> critical thing to fix?

How weird - I'm running 2.0b under FreeBSD-current right now and it
works *flawlessly* so far.  I'm actually really amazed!  This message is
coming to you from one of the mail windows - I've been using it to read
my mail off of freefall with the POP server.  It seems to work rather
well, though I miss input filtering and such.  They just need to
integrate the equivalent of procmail into this and they'll really have
something to scare the mailer folks!

					Jordan