Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:59:24 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-translate@ngo.org.uk
Subject:   Re: Resolution: FDP reorganisation

Nik Clayton wrote:
> However, with the Japanese documentation this is not the case.  The tags
> there don't mean "This documentation was released with 3.1", but instead
> mean "This documentation is now in sync with the English version that was
> released at 3.1".  The two meanings are not the same.

Yes, we use tags for that reason.

> In the repository copy we're not changing the content of the manual pages.
> So the tags that indicate which revisions of the file correspond with the
> revision of the file at the English release number should stay the same.

Does that means your plan is based on "repository copy", not on
"importing new files"?  As I said before, I don't like losing histories
of their files.  IMHO, correct method of these works is:

  (1) Copy directories in repository.
  (2) Operating tags in their files. (add "old" prefix to tags in copied
files)
  (3) "cvs remove"ing old directory. (so they've gone into Attic)

This works well old and -current environment for translation.  Does your
plan include these works?

# Sorry if you already mentioned about this.  But this thread is
# hard to read completely...

--
Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
            // kuriyama@FreeBSD.ORG