Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 07:51:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        cracauer@cons.org, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, rivers@dignus.com
Subject:   Re: Interesting un-interruptible shell script on 3.0-RELEASE (possible sh bug?)

> In <199812220243.VAA21066@lakes.dignus.com>, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
> >
> > Try the following on a 3.0-RELEASE system, under the bourne shell:
> >
> >    while true
> >    do
> >      sleep 2
> >    done
>
> Sorry, this works for me. I'm on current, but sh didn't change since
> 3.0-RELEASE.
>
> What does this show?
>   ktrace sh thisscript
>   kdump | grep sleep
>
> BTW, an easier way to have an endless look is
>   while : ; do sleep 2 ; done
>
> Martin
> --

 Martin brings up an interesting 'twist' on this.  If you place the
script in a file; the control-C works just fine (on a 3.0-RELEASE system.)

 Martin - did you place the small script in a file and run the file?
If so, can you try simply typing it on the sh's command line and seeing
if control-C works/doesn't work.

	- Dave Rivers -