Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2006 03:33:56 -0800
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Ming Tang <mtang@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail configuration

On 2006-03-20 04:55, Ming Tang <mtang@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Hi - there,
>
> I got an email problem. My server can only receive email but cannot send any
> email out after I changed my server configuration recently from NAT to a
> D-Link router (DI-624) which supports and passes through all virtual servers
> to an internal server. I always get the attached error message as soon as I
> send a mail out from a pop-client, MS Outlook. I think the message was
> generate by my own email server. I can send out email no problem if I chose
> from other email servers.
>
> My domain name server was configured as follows:
>
> Ns1.domain.com is my name server, email server, and web server.
>
> domain.com.	in A 12.208.99.9
> 		in MX 5 ns1.domain.com.

You are not using 'domain.com' as an internal, local-only domain name,
right?  Because it's already taken and registered by a *real*
name-server out there...

# [keramida@flame /home/keramida]$ dig domain.com. soa
#
# ; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> domain.com. soa
# ;; global options:  printcmd
# ;; Got answer:
# ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 31362
# ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 2
#
# ;; QUESTION SECTION:
# ;domain.com.                    IN      SOA
#
# ;; ANSWER SECTION:
# domain.com.             3600    IN      SOA     ns1.dotsterhost.com. \
#     sysadmin.domainbank.com. 1142827739 14400 20000 3600000 3600
#
# ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
# domain.com.             23      IN      NS      ns2.dotsterhost.com.
# domain.com.             23      IN      NS      ns3.dotsterhost.com.
# domain.com.             23      IN      NS      ns1.dotsterhost.com.
#
# ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
# ns1.dotsterhost.com.    170776  IN      A       72.5.54.12
# ns3.dotsterhost.com.    163693  IN      A       64.94.31.85
#
# ;; Query time: 51 msec
# ;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
# ;; WHEN: Mon Mar 20 03:32:14 2006
# ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 182
#
# [keramida@flame /home/keramida]$

> I configured email files 'access' and 'local-host-names' files for sendmail
> as follows.
>
> domainname.com	RELAY				for access
> domainname.com					for local-host-name
>
> And mapped in 'virtusertable' as:   @domainname.com %1@ns1.domainname.com
>
> These files were compiled and mail server restarted, but the problem still
> there.
>
> Any one there got any idea or experienced the same problems. Please help.

Is that the *exact* message you got back?  If not, please post the exact
error message you are getting.