Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 95 11:25:35 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        jmrueda@diatel.upm.es (Javier Martin Rueda)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD have rpc.lockd?

> I'm setting up a PC with FreeBSD 2.0 950412-SNAP as a PC-NFS server. The
> clients are using Sun's PC-NFS 5.0.
>
> I can mount drives through NFS as long as I don't use the /ms (/mustshare)
> option. If I use that option, I get an error that says "Unable to connect the
> network lock manager", which I guess that must be the rpc.lockd daemon.
>
> Is there an equivalent daemon in FreeBSD or anywhere, so that I can port it?

There is no such thing as a publically available rpc.lockd.

To work on it, you'd probably need three machines: One to make the
requests that had working client code, one to reply that had working
server code, and one to watch the packets and dump them out.

The rpc.lockd isn't well documented anywhere except Sun internal docs,
apparently.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---