Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:51:23 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI VGA card becomes ISA

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Blaz Zupan wrote:

> I noticed that after the latest round of new-bus changes, my PCI VGA card
> is now recognized as a generic ISA card by the kernel. I don't see any ill
> effects from this, but the new-bus developers may want to know, in case it
> breaks something else.
>
> The VGA card is a S3 Trio64V+. Here's the dmesg output I get. I don't have
> an old dmesg output before the changes, but the card was recognized by
> its name and it was using IRQ 9.

I know about this. The vga probe is stubbed out in pci at the moment. The
reason is that syscons requires a vga0 device on isa but pci already
allocated vga0 and things go downhill from there...

Its harmless and it should go away soon if we can reorganise syscons' vga
driver slightly.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com